tinyFLIGHT.com

Minium Forums
Kyosho Minium, Minium Parts
Old 02-26-2009, 05:49 PM

Default Eflite MCX

Hello. I was wondering if anybody has been flying Eflite's micro co-axial helicopter? It is a blast to fly around the living room while watching tv/listening to music et'c. It's the most stable tiny helicopter around and is far from being a "toy".
I've upgraded mine a while back with a new canopy and tail from MIA and had problems with the canopy staying mounted, plus my skids broke and I had to re-glue'em.
This is how it currently look's.

Here's a video of my MCX in flight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vHB1uwG7qk
This is the new scale fuselage I just purchased for it. Since I"m enjoying my Kestrel 500 so much, I thought it would be cool to have a micro version of it. So, here is a picture from MIA's web site.

I will post more pic's of it when I receive it and let you know what I think of it. Look's pretty cool and nicely done!

Last edited by Marc; 02-26-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Administrator

Cool! One of the guys at the Dojo has one of these, and it's much easier to fly than the Minium (for obvious reasons).
Old 03-04-2009, 09:01 PM

My Dad and I find the Minium micro helicopter to be junk. That, or the one we got just happend to be a fluke. We can't get ours to take off and hover at all. All it does is flop around like a dying animal. We were really disapointed in Kyosho and hope that's not the case. We hope we just got a bad one and the next one will be better. The MCX as simple as it is, for some reason it's still a kick to fly it all over the house and I really can't wait for this new fuselage! Eflite definetly knew what they were doing with this one. We purchased a similar helicopter from a Florida outfit called Micron and that was a peice of junk. Eflite's got a winner here for sure! Would love to see if they can make a conventional collective pitch version this small! How cool would that be? Particularly if it can be just as stable!
Old 03-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Administrator

M, there are a couple of posts and videos about getting the Caliber 120 to fly on the forums here - they can be very problematic out of the box but a) can usually be made to work (see vids/posts) and b) Kyosho has excellent support for them and will help you get yours to work or replace it if defective.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:50 PM

My Dad has already talked to a Kyosho rep for USA and will be returning it to get it fixed/sorted properly. I mentioned to him this web site and if/when we get ours back we will look further into it.
Back on subject...................................
Old 03-06-2009, 09:40 PM

Nothing's come in yet. I think this guy is slow at getting orders out. I ordered it Sunday and had expected it to arrive today. Haven't even gotten a confirmation on weather or not it's been shipped yet!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:33 AM

Still waiting on my darn order! I e-mailed the guy today wondering where the heck it is. Payment was sent on the 26th of Feb so it should have arrived by now. I'm going to wait till Friday-Saturday before thinking about refund.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Yikes Marc, where did you order from? Maybe we should stock these?
Old 03-13-2009, 01:57 PM

Hi there. Well here's an update. I e-mailed Mario, owner of MIA-microflight, and he told me that these are made on order. I had assumed they were in stock at time of purchase. Anyway, this morning I just got a confirmation that the package has been shipped. So expect a report some time next week, prob's Wesneday-Thuresday. This is the web site where I ordered the fuselage from.
http://www.micro-flight.com/
I'm not sure if this guy will offer stock to your shop, but you might want to e-mail him and ask. The fuselages come in different colors including a Military tan color. He has many upgrades for other helicopters as well. I haven't seen him do any aluminum upgrades for mechanics, but he does offer interesting canopies and tougher skids. Basically, simple thing's that can improve look's and he claims performance. Now that I know it's been shipped, I can stop waisting my time wondering where the heck it is! LOL!
Old 03-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Marc, I emailed him on Friday AM - could you ask him if he got my msg next time you correspond with him? Thanks!