tinyFLIGHT.com

Minium Forums
Kyosho Minium, Minium Parts
Old 03-16-2009, 05:29 PM

Hi there, he's very buisy and slow to responde. I got a confirmation last week that he finally shipped it so it's possible I can get it today.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:35 PM

I just tracked my package and it arrived in Denver yesterday, which means I should get it today. I can't wait to start modifying it!
This Thuresday we have our anual indoore RC meeting in the downtown auditorium, so I'll be able to fly my new fuselage there as well as my Kestrel!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:03 PM

I just received my helicopter fuselage and it's now assembled. I'm happy with the way it look's and all, but it seems to lack the performance it had earlier, and I'm not sure why other than possibly this fuselage is heavier than the other body was? Can't imagine he "MIA" would do that. Anyway, here are pictures of my new fuselage all put together. I decided to decorate it to match my Kestrel 500.

My lack of lift factor could also be batteries not charging up properly. I even have the new Tenergy 1S 3.7V 130 MAH Lipo battery and it's still not providing enough lift. So right now I'm kind of disapointed, but, again, happy cause it look's cool. Would rather be flying it though..................
Old 03-19-2009, 03:24 AM

BIG disapointment. While this certainly look's cool, it dont' fly worth beans at my altitude. Being in Colorado, I can't get a foot off the ground with fresh batteries in charger, and freshly charged batteries. Everything is fresh, the helicopter by itselfe "without fuselage" flys wonderful!
The issue is altitude and weight. So for me being where I live, I can't fly this helicopter, with this fuselage. So, if your at sea level, it's probably just fine for you and you'll love it. The fuselage itselfe is really nice and does look cool. But if your high up like I am, it's no good.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Administrator

M, looks great - can you explain RE altitude, do you mean it's harder for helis to fly in CO due to lighter air?
Old 08-09-2009, 12:10 AM

Hi there, it's been a while since I've visited tinyflight, but yea it is lighter air. There is not enough "cushion" for the helicopter to lift off with. Sorry, my best explanation.
I've just today removed the 500 body and put the tail-fins on the tail-boom, and put the original MIA tough-skids back on. I plan on getting the white stock body for it as I like it much better than the yellow one. I think that combination will set it apart from the other helicopters.
I just recently discovered that MicroHeli has two aluminum upgrades for this helicopter which I just purchased. An aluminum swash plate, and aluminum lower-head blade grip assembly. Should be much stronger than plastic, add some bling to it, and just hopefully make it look more unique. I just hope the aluminum won't add much more weight to it compared to the body. I am thinking should be equal to the stock plastic. I'll put both on scale before installing the alloy.
As delicate as these parts are, it's great to see that somebody made some alloy-versions for it! Now if we could just get C/F blades for it, that would really be cool!
Old 08-09-2009, 01:13 AM

In case you want to know, these are photo's of the aluminum upgrades taken from MicroHeli's web site.
Aluminum Swash-plate

Aluminum Lower rotor-head.

Nice huh?
If you look back in this thread at my original MIA skids and tail, that is how it's back right now, but it will have the white Eflite canopy on it. I found the MIA's original canopy was to flimsy as it only had two mounting points. I didn't like it, so I removed it and got the 500 body, which again, was too heavy.
I hope this new configuration will be a much better flyer, and I hope the aluminum upgrades prove to be worthy.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:27 AM

Will be topped off with this white canopy.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:24 PM

How it look's today, but with the stock skids back on as these ones had broken and didn't line up properly, looked ugly.

Now, it flies perfectly with the Tenergy battery!
Old 09-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Looks good M!