tinyFLIGHT.com

Minium Forums
Kyosho Minium, Minium Parts
Old 03-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Administrator

John, that's a great tip, can you post a pic of your hack?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:17 AM

Default Help neede caliber120

I biught one of those caliber on ebay! As i am on tight budget i rtried to buy this as cheap as i could. So when i got the heli overall apearance its not bad at all however blades are so out of balance that it will not even fly. I tried everything to make them correct with no result. I have ordered a new pair of blades to be 100% sure, what i am affraid of is the main shaft might be bent! Is there a way of fixing it? I have also looked for spare part and i could not find it. Any help suggestions will be much appreciated!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Administrator

M, let us know if you still haven't found the shaft and we'll try to get it for you. The balance is a big issue and quite difficult to fix in our experience - take a look at the videos in this sub-forum for some pointers.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:58 PM

I started this thread and just got so frustrated with my Caliber 120 I sold it.

Not because it did not work, according to Kyosho there was nothing wrong with it, and I believe them.

There is a learning curve, no doubt. I do sincerely believe Kyosho made a error with this product, much, much too difficult to operate. This helicopter design and operationally needs a lot of refining, and in my opinion, should not have been released the way it is. Not to say it's not fine for some people, but for the majority, it's not what was expected, or should be. It's just not what I have come to expect out of Kyosho products.

This is not meant to be a bash session on Kyosho, still think there a great company that puts out very good products. Just think they missed on this one, that will happen once in a while I guess.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:01 AM

Hi just found this site and this post, i have owned a 120 for 6 months now, i have flown helis for 15 years and spent many hours making moth conversions of the good old piccolo and other helis.
when i brought the 120 the guy in the shop didnt even want to demo it and gave me no promises, i took the chance and walked away with it .
After my first hop i did the following

1. cut down landing gear
2. removed all stickers
3. removed tail fin thingy
4. cut down tail rotor protector rod
5. do not fit sticker to blades THIS IS A BIG NO NO
6. spend a few minutes setting the blade tension (screws) or she will not fly.
7. set pitch on tail rotor

after this she should fly nice and about 12 mins, i love the thing and she is almost hands off and circuits well in my living room, unbeatable heli

Mick