tinyFLIGHT.com

Minium Forums
Kyosho Minium, Minium Parts
Old 05-01-2009, 06:35 AM

Default 120 and hello to evryone

Hi just found this site and this post, i have owned a 120 for 6 months now, i have flown helis for 15 years and spent many hours making moth conversions of the good old piccolo and other helis.
when i brought the 120 the guy in the shop didnt even want to demo it and gave me no promises, i took the chance and walked away with it .
After my first hop i did the following

1. cut down landing gear
2. removed all stickers
3. removed tail fin thingy
4. cut down tail rotor protector rod
5. do not fit sticker to blades THIS IS A BIG NO NO
6. spend a few minutes setting the blade tension (screws) or she will not fly.
7. set pitch on tail rotor

after this she should fly nice and about 12 mins, i love the thing and she is almost hands off and circuits well in my living room, unbeatable heli

Mick
Old 05-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up

z00m, any chance you could do a more detailed explanation of these steps, maybe with pictures etc.? I think a lot of people would find this invaluable. Thanks, and welcome to the forums!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyflight View Post
z00m, any chance you could do a more detailed explanation of these steps, maybe with pictures etc.? I think a lot of people would find this invaluable. Thanks, and welcome to the forums!
That is a great idea if you can post some pictures of your modifications. I am about to pull the trigger on getting a few of these and would like to see more before going with the 120.

I also heard this heli is hard for the beginner pilot. I have flown a few of the dual prop mini versions and they are quite stable. How does this heli in "the need for skills" range.

Last edited by RCP; 05-06-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:16 AM

Hi yes i will post some pictures up asap, they are only tiny mods but weight and balance are a must with this heli,

I have flown for years and have flown many moths, this is a massive help, this is not a heli for the beginner and I think this is where they made an error, I can fly well and I love this heli to bits, itís what I have been waiting for, if I were a beginner I would be devastated as I would have had little chance of getting it airborne. I hate twin rotors as I think this is just steering/pushing a heli round not flying it, the introduction of these twin rotor helis has made the real deal seam very hard to fly, when I began flying it took me many months/crashes before I could make any moves, now anyone can buy these twin rotors and be in the air with in 10 mins, good for the sport but not the real deal. The 120 is just that a REAL MICRO HELI, fixed pitch I grant you but still flyís like its bigger brothers. I really do not think it should be marketed with the TOY helis because it just aint,
Twin rotor helis are what have spoiled everyone, with beginners not even wanting to get evolved in proper flight as its easy just to start with one of them, there is absolute no way someone can compare a 120 to a mcx it just is not a fair comparison. Go out buy one and learn how to fly the right way it is a fantastic little heli

Mick
Old 06-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Administrator

I agree - for some reason because it's small, people seem to get the impression it's for beginners, like the similarly-sized twin rotors - causing a lot of (novice) buyers to be disappointed. I've found it very difficult to set up even for those who know how to fly - looking forward for your detailed tips!